Sleeps up to 6
Atolikos House is a fabulous home and a place where one can totally relax. This luxury villa for holiday rental in Corfu is a truly idyllic hideaway and offers guests complete peace and tranquillity enjoying a breathtaking position and stunning views, yet is only a short walk from the village and harbour of Kassiopi. With its many spoiling features, Atolikos House is a much sought after three bedroom property, sleeping six in luxury. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower. A plasma television and state of the art Sonos music system in the sitting room, TVs in all the bedrooms and Wi-Fi all contribute to the contemporary comfort and convenience the house offers it’s guests, all year round.
An extraordinary feeling of light and space is created by the seven French windows leading off the spectacular sitting room area and its classic open plan design, with a striking “Venetian tower”, containing two of the three bedrooms, makes Atolikos a much admired and incredibly sought after property with rare sea frontage. The stunning open-plan sitting room area is dominated by a traditional Corfiot fireplace. The room is beautifully furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs creating a room for all seasons and offers a particularly cosy ambience in the Spring and the Autumn, when the nights can be cooler. A wrap-around terrace that is almost integral with the inside living space, has sumptuous day beds, sun loungers and chairs with spectacular views of the sea, sky, Kaparelli Island and of the Albanian mountains across the channel. The covered loggia, barbecue and a large oval dining table seating eight, ensures that this brilliant combination of integral inside and outside living is the natural gathering point and the perfect entertaining space, enabling guests to drift inside and out with ease.
The elegant and beautifully designed kitchen is separated from the sitting room area by a stunning black granite-topped island which in turn provides the perfect Mediterranean living and an entertaining space with a high degree of comfort. A guest cloakroom and a charmingly decorated bedroom, with its own en-suite bathroom and shower, pretty beamed ceilings and access to its own private terrace completes the ground floor accommodation. The staircase leads up from the sitting room to the two exquisitely interior designed “Venetian tower” bedrooms with the Venetian feel further enhanced by the pretty beamed ceilings. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower.
The landscaped garden area surrounding this luxury villa for holiday rental in Corfu is cleverly designed not to look artificial or contrived and is surrounded by beautiful natural rock features, shrubs, flora and indigenous maquis. The grounds are inter-planted with cypress, oak, judas trees, carob, pomegranates, olives and other indigenous vegetation. From the pool terrace, some beautiful stone steps and a pathway weaves its way down the shared jetty (with Cassiopeia), which can be used for mooring a speedboat or tender from a larger boat, or for sea bathing! The views from Atolikos are just as spectacular as those of its neighbour Cassiopeia, yet being closer to the sea and with the sound of the waves lapping below, you get even more of the feeling of “being on a boat”.
Spectacular images of the Kassiopia estate have been taken by the renowned photographer Clive Nichols and can be viewed and purchased by searching for “Kassiopia Estate”.
- Large open plan sitting room and dining area, table for up to 8 guests, leading to terrace and outside dining and entertaining areas.
- Kitchen with American drinks fridge and ice machines.
- Outside dining / BBQ bar area off the sitting room.
- Outside dining table for up to 8 persons.
- Interchangeable twin bedded room (can be converted into a super king bed), en-suite shower room and private terrace.
- Interchangeable Super King size bedroom (can be converted into a twin bedded room) with en-suite shower room.
- Twin bedded room with en-suite shower room (can't be converted into a double bed).
- Air conditioning / ceiling fans in all bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and sitting room.
- Under floor heating.
- Osmosis drinking water machine.
- Mosquito netting on all windows.
- Washing machine.
- Dishwasher / microwave / coffee machine / American fridge / ice machine.
- Hair dryer in each bedroom.
- Satellite TV – 200+ channels, including movies, in all bedrooms and sitting room.
- DVD player in the cinema room. (Clients are recommended to bring their own selection to suit their individual preferences and tastes. DVD’s may be pre-ordered on request via the Concierge, but local availability cannot be guaranteed
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- White waffle dressing gowns.
- Ortigia bathroom products.
- Interchangeable twin beds using zippable padded top mattresses to create a double bed.
- English sprung mattresses.
- Egyptian cotton linen.
- Feather and down / anti-allergen pillows – choice available on request.
- Individual safes and torches in each bedroom.
The "tech" stuff
- Plasma screen TVs with 250 satellite TV and Radio channels, including movies, in all bedrooms and sitting room.
- I-Pod docking speakers in all bedrooms.
- Sonos music system.
- Multi channel music library.
- Wi-fi (including the pool area).
- Good mobile reception.
Swimming pools with sun beds and umbrellas
- Fresh water 10m x 5m (1.8m deep) Infinity pool with corner viewing seats.*
- Access to the sea and the jetty (shared with Cassiopeia House).
- Sunken pool terrace.
- Lounge sofas.
- Jetty (shared with Cassiopeia House).
- Boule Court.
- Hobie Cat Outfitter Kayak.
- Naish Paddle Boards.
- Wake Board.
- Fishing rods.
- Life Jackets.
- Snorkeling equipment.
* Eco-friendly solar heating “takes the edge” off the natural pool temperature in the early and late season and boosts the pool temperature in season. The house water is partially heated via solar power.
- Natural water collected from the winter rains for house use.
- Grey water recycled for irrigation and used for all the outdoor garden plants.
- Solar lighting of the garden, woodland and pathways.
- Floatron pool technology (reduced chlorine).
- Guests are encouraged to help the local environment by preserving water during their stay.
THE STAFF INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL
- Concierge - responsible for the day to day needs of the guests. The concierge is not resident but will come to Atolikos House when required and is contactable six days per week.
- Housekeeper - responsible for the day to day cleaning and running of the domestic side of the house – up to 16 hours per week over six days per week.
- Grounds person and general handyman - responsible for general duties to include keeping the grounds tidy, gardening, cleaning the pool and the pool area and replenishing logs for the fire if required (logs at extra cost) - six days per week.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL
- Linen change - twice per week.
- Air conditioning.
- Pool towels.
- Bathrobes - in all bedrooms.
- Bathroom products.
- Solar heating - for the house and the fresh water swimming pool.
- Children’s cot, bed guards, stair guards, intercom, baby play pen and high chairs – all complimentary.
- Postal service - post box in the courtyard and daily collection by the housekeeper.
FULL CONCIERGE AND EXTRA SERVICES – arranged by the concierge and charged locally
- Personal trainer, yoga, pilates and holistic training - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Massage therapist, manicure, pedicure and body waxing - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Treatments, makeup and Hairdresser - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning service - a local laundry service can be arranged by the housekeeper (at an extra cost to the client).
- Nanny, baby sitting and extra staff assistance and service.
- Doctor and pharmacy service.
- Morning papers, postal and courier service - on request.
- Wine cellar – stocked with French wine, prosecco and champagne.
- Arrival grocery and beverage service.
- Outside July and August a local cook or chef can be requested, at extra cost, at the time of booking.
- Catering - there is an excellent local catering firm who can deliver prepared food and provide staff for special occasions.
- Local art classes – booked in advance.
- Cookery courses for Greek cuisine using only Greek and local products with a cook who taught in the Faculty of Tourism Management (minimum 1 day) – booked in advance.
- Volzhenka Caviar, supplier of the finest caviar in the World, can be purchased at the Kassiopia Estate.
- Restaurant and local Taverna reservations and recommendations.
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations and entertainment - including Greek dancing, music and photography.
- Private language courses (Greek, Russian, German, English) by native speakers (also ideal for small children combined with activities).
- Private music concerts by well known Greek musiciansand by musicians who play in the Athens State Orchestra (many of whom play in private properties in Athens and for the International Embassies).
- Private music lessons by specialised music teachers.
- Photography courses and / or private photo shooting.
- Private dance courses (from Argentinian tango to traditional Greek dances and more).
- Physiotherapy and Acupuncture.
- Limousine and chauffeur service, water taxi to and from the airport, private car transfers, car hire and rental and taxi transfers.
- Private security service.
- Yacht and Sunseeker boat hire.
- Helicopter and Private Jets.
- Wedding receptions, venue, family and special events.
- Live entertainment and fireworks for Birthday and Anniversary celebrations.
LOCAL FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE – can be booked independently or through the concierge as required
- Corfu Town / Airport: 50 minute drive. Kassiopi: 5 minute drive / 10 - 15 minute walk.